Marketing ideas for documentary style family photographers
This is an exciting episode – particularly for anyone who’s after marketing ideas for documentary style family photography.
This is the first episode in the journey of Jae Marie’s photography career as I help her go from part time to full time.
Jae is a talented documentary family photographer in Salford and she’s also a skilled wedding photographer.
Every 2 weeks I’ll record my consulting chats with Jae and you’ll be able to follow along and use the tips and advice I share.
Periodically I’ll also bring in outside guest experts for areas where Jae may need some extra help.
Since this is the first episode with Jae there’s an element of ‘scene setting’ and ‘getting to know you’. However, we cover a lot of critical information that even established photographers suffer from never having addressed at the beginning of their career.
Here’s what you’re going to discover in this episode.
- Why family photography is the hardest genre of photography to book
- Why photographers with their own children are at an advantage
- How you should use your family as an example to tell emotional stories to your clients
- How to let families know they should get photographs created now, rather than keep delaying
- The questions to ask yourself when you’re trying to become a full time photographer
- How the entrepreneur and coach ‘Carrie Green’ has helped Jae become more organised
- A trick to get your website portfolio ranking well on Google
- Go to episode 8 of the podcast to see the huge long list of keyword phrases I rank for on Google
- The kind of sales that Jae gets for families and weddings
- How to deal with clients who want digital files
- Why I guarantee the quality of my prints and framed artwork, but I won’t guarantee my digital files
- Why selling a lot of digital files can damage your reputation
- We recap on what a Facebook Advert Client Tornado is and why they’re great for getting different types of clients and ideal for when you want to start a new genre of photography
- Marketing ideas for documentary style family photographers
- 45 Facebook post ideas
Premium content for Get Pro Photo Club Members
Become a member of Get Pro Photo Club and you’ll not only gain access to the full recording of each episode, but you’ll also get access to everything you’ll ever need to become a full time photographer. Plus, you’ll be able to ask questions and get help on anything you’re stuck with.
Here’s what’s in the premium version of this episode.
- Should Jae get some quick easy money through offering photography training in groups or 1-2-1?
- What I used to teach in my photography training and why I’ve stopped doing it.
- The software that Jae is trialling that enables portrait clients to see the photographs from their session on the walls of their home, to scale. It encourages clients to invest in larger sizes for their walls, which means more money for you and a better result for the client.
- How to figure out what brand is right for you.
Links to things we discussed in this episode
- Carrie Green the entrepreneur who’s helped Jae get more organised: https://femaleentrepreneurassociation.com/2012/03/carrie-green/
- timeexposure.com is the software that enables clients to see the photographs from their session on the walls of their home, to scale.
- A big thank you to Andy who’s a Cheshire wedding photographer for leaving a lovely review for us on iTunes. Thanks matey!
- 45 Facebook post ideas
Improve your Google ranking by leaving us a review on iTunes!
If you leave us a review on iTunes and let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for then we’ll link to your website in the show notes of the following episode, using that phrase. This is a nice little boost to your Google ranking with 1 or 2 minutes of work. A lot easier than writing a guest post for someone, or begging the local wedding suppliers!
How to leave a review:
- Go here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/helping-photographers-go-full-time/id1355402160
- Click on ‘View in iTunes’ which is a link just under our logo
- Once in iTunes you click on ‘ratings and reviews’ and leave a review
- Let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOOM! You’ve got a powerful and relevant link to your website for very little effort.