While I’m waiting for Mari (the person I’m mentoring on this podcast) to finish her homework I have another guest speaker for this episode. This is the third instalment on how photographers can become more successful by managing their lives and their minds better. This time I’m interviewing Jo Emerson, a professional coach who specialises in helping people with confidence issues.
If you’re a photographer struggling with confidence issues, self doubt and procrastination then this is the perfect episode for you.
Although this is the third time we’ve talked about how photographers can build their confidence I’m not going to apologise because repetition and reinforcement is key to having a healthy mind – and ultimately a healthy business.
Repetition is an important way to fully internalise a concept. For example, I used to listen to my mentor’s CDs in my car over and over and over until my brain got ‘brainwashed’ into thinking the right thoughts!
As I’ve talked about before, I used to be the weird little kid in school who got teased and bullied from time to time. So I know what it’s like to have no confidence and it’s why I’m so passionate about this subject. It’s also why I know that what many believe to be ‘self help mumbo jumbo’ can actually help… …because that weird little kid is now happily entertaining 100 wedding guests at a time and presenting a podcast to the big, bad world.
So, here’s a little about Jo Emerson and her long list of achievements…
She’s a Confidence Coach, a Human behavioural expert and an author. She used to be a BBC journalist and then ran a marketing consultancy. She’s a member and graduate of the Coaching Academy and holds their certificate in Personal Coaching and their diploma in Personal Performance Coaching. She’s also a fully qualified Neuro linguistic programming Practitioner and trained to use the Pathfinder process from the Institute of Human Development. And she did all this while bringing up her 3 girls… …so let’s go and meet this super-woman!
Here’s what you’re going to discover in this episode.
- Do photographers need to be obsessive to be successful?
- The only way to change your habits
- Why you need to be aware of your limiting beliefs
- How to be confident in your photography prices
- How to increase your photography prices
- Why knowing how much you need to charge to survive makes you feel more comfortable with your prices
- Do you compare your prices with competitors
- Why it’s ok to book fewer enquiries when your prices go up
- Why you shouldn’t focus on how many people you don’t book
- Why clients who pay more are generally less trouble
- The pros and cons of studio photography vs on location for families
- Do you believe in the value of photography?
- What does success look like?
- How to silence negative thoughts
- How to think more positively
- Your life becomes a reflection of what you believe
- Why confidence is a muscle you need to exercise
- How to start every day
- How to get motivated and organised
Premium content for Get Pro Photo Club Members
Everyone will get access to the full episode this time. However as a bonus for members, if you’d like the audio version of the amazing book ‘Think and Grow Rich’ then I’ll refund you the cost if you buy it here and send me the receipt.
Improve your Google ranking by leaving us a review on iTunes!
If you leave us a review on iTunes and let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for then we’ll link to your website in the show notes of the following episode, using that phrase. This is a nice little boost to your Google ranking with 1 or 2 minutes of work. A lot easier than writing a guest post for someone, or begging the local wedding suppliers!
How to leave a review:
- Go here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/helping-photographers-go-full-time/id1355402160
- Click on ‘View in iTunes’ which is a link just under our logo
- Once in iTunes you click on ‘ratings and reviews’ and leave a review
- Let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOOM! You’ve got a powerful and relevant link to your website for very little effort.
Links to things we discussed in this episode
- Download a FREE PDF of the amazing book Think and Grow Rich or BUY the audio version here.
- Here’s the book ’59 seconds’ that I couldn’t remember the name of in this episode. It’s a great book with lots of scientifically tested psychological principles. An awesome book for the toilet because at the end of each chapter they summarise it in a snippet you can read in…59 seconds!