Hurrah – Mari has put her website live(ish)! The temporary web address is https://mari-rosell.wixsite.com/mariland-images2 so this podcast episode is all about how to design a photography website.
On the one hand it’s a bit rich having me tell people how to design a website when mine is about as handsome as my face (ie. not very).
However, this episode is more about the structure, layout and content of a website than the overall aesthetics.
The design of your photography website needs to take prospects through several steps (and we touch of many of these in this podcast episode:
- The website needs to be designed in a way that makes it SEO friendly so people can find your website in the first place
- The website needs to help people feel as if they know, like and trust you
- Take action by emailing or calling you with an enquiry
Nice photographs and an enquiry form are simply not enough. In this podcast we’ll touch on some of the things you need to add to your website to help you get more enquiries.
Here’s what you’re going to discover in this episode.
- How to make your photography website design user friendly
- Common photography website design mistakes
- Should new photographers specialise in one area or take lots of different work?
- Why baby photography is a good choice for stay-at-home parents like Mari
- What Mari did to her About page that I really liked
- How to get your blog posts well ranked
- How to write blog posts that you can reuse in adverts
- How many photographs should you show on a blog post
Premium content for Get Pro Photo Club Members
- Why photographers shouldn’t use gallery slideshows and what they should do instead
- How to get lots of website traffic using your gallery photographs
- The importance of testimonials and the best way to use testimonials
- How to get website visitors to read about your service
Improve your Google ranking by leaving us a review on iTunes!
If you leave us a review on iTunes and let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for then we’ll link to your website in the show notes of the following episode, using that phrase. This is a nice little boost to your Google ranking with 1 or 2 minutes of work. A lot easier than writing a guest post for someone, or begging the local wedding suppliers!
How to leave a review:
- Go here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/helping-photographers-go-full-time/id1355402160
- Click on ‘View in iTunes’ which is a link just under our logo
- Once in iTunes you click on ‘ratings and reviews’ and leave a review
- Let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOOM! You’ve got a powerful and relevant link to your website for very little effort.