We were meant to be talking about Time management and getting organised in this episode but Mari was running late… so we didn’t have time!
However, we still covered a whole bunch of great stuff which I outline in the bullet points below.
This episode is a little shorter than normal and everyone will be getting the whole recording. However, I don’t want Get Pro Photo Club members to miss out so you can have a 45 minute Skype or telephone chat with me to discuss your photography business and get some help on the issues that are troubling you.
Here’s what you’re going to discover in this episode.
- How I structure my day to live an enjoyable life
- An update on my wedding photography competition
- How I got a private dental practice to promote my photography
- How I get people booked in for an in-person sales session after a portrait session
- How I stay organised with my appointments
- How to write a photography About Page if you’re not great at writing.
- How to sound like a photographer who will be nice to work with
- How to get enquiries thinking ‘I hope I can afford you’
- How I answer someone on the phone who asks for my prices
- How I get clients to book me
- Why I travel to portrait client’s homes before they even book me
- Why I’ve changed from a traditional session fee to a special ‘hybrid’ session fee
- Why it’s good to get some kind of money up front
- How I take payments from clients
- How I take instalment payments from clients
- Should photographers have public liability and professional indemnity insurance?
- Whether it’s a good idea to have contracts for your wedding and portrait sides of your business.
- Why my wedding contract helps me book more weddings
- Why I was happy to pay back a wedding client who complained and continue with my money back guarantee
- The best place to go to get a photography contract drawn up
- Why you shouldn’t have a Flash based website
Premium content for Get Pro Photo Club Members
Since this was a short episode everyone is getting the full podcast. However, to make up for it I’m happy to do a free Skype chat with any members who would like some dedicated advice about their own photography business.
Links to things we mentioned in this episode:
Improve your Google ranking by leaving us a review on iTunes!
If you leave us a review on iTunes and let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for then we’ll link to your website in the show notes of the following episode, using that phrase. This is a nice little boost to your Google ranking with 1 or 2 minutes of work. A lot easier than writing a guest post for someone, or begging the local wedding suppliers!
How to leave a review:
- Go here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/helping-photographers-go-full-time/id1355402160
- Click on ‘View in iTunes’ which is a link just under our logo
- Once in iTunes you click on ‘ratings and reviews’ and leave a review
- Let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BOOM! You’ve got a powerful and relevant link to your website for very little effort.