In this episode we talk about what I feel is the biggest problem photographers face…
…And by the way, it has nothing to do with marketing, or pricing, or selling, or even photography.
Mari Rosell who I’m normally coaching on the podcast is on holiday so I have the lovely Jae Marie on to fill the gap this week.
Jae Marie is a family and wedding photographer in Manchester in the UK who’s got some fantastic photography skills; but like most photographers she needs some help with the business side and help with overcoming fear and procrastination.
Here’s what you’re going to discover in this episode.
- Why you should never be totally comfortable with your prices – although you never want to be totally scared as that will shine through in your body language!
- What successful photographers do when they don’t like selling or marketing
- How to get organised and get work done consistently
- How I approach business to get them to promote my business
- The power of social proof
- The biggest problem photographers face
- Why fear is holding you back and what you can do about it
- A promotion idea that PROVES you’re an amazing and UNIQUE family photographer that stands out from the competition
- How to help parents overcome their doubts about hiring a family photographer and take action
Premium content for Get Pro Photo Club Members
- Why you might need to stop practicing photography (for now)
- Should professional photographers teach beginners 1-2-1?
- Why I couldn’t name you 3 models of Nikon camera and why I don’t care
- Why I don’t do half day weddings
- The company who saved my corrupted wedding files and why I chose them
- Why it’s not a great idea to try and save corrupted files yourself using downloaded software
- Why clients will like you more for asking for a testimonial
- The correct way of telling a client to hire you without being too pushy, or too weak
- Why clients WANT you to be a little bit pushy
- How I use card readers and payment plans to increase my average orders for family portraits
- The phrase I use if a family portrait client is worried about the amount of money their order is going to cost
- Why I’d rather reduce a client’s family portrait order rather than have them go home and think about it
Improve your Google Ranking by leaving us a review on iTunes
If you leave us a review on iTunes and let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for then we’ll link to your website in the show notes of the following episode, using that phrase. This is a nice little boost to your Google ranking with 1 or 2 minutes of work. A lot easier than writing a guest post for someone, or begging the local wedding suppliers!
How to leave a review:
- Go here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/helping-photographers-go-full-time/id1355402160
- Click on ‘View in iTunes’ which is a link just under our logo
- Once in iTunes you click on ‘ratings and reviews’ and leave a review
- Let us know what keyword phrase you’d like to rank for by emailing us at email@example.com
- BOOM! You’ve got a powerful and relevant link to your website for very little effort.
Links to websites we discussed in this episode
- Here’s Jae Marie’s website: Family photographer Salford
- Company I used for saving my corrupted wedding files: www.datarecoveryspecialists.co.uk
- The card reader I use is Paypal Here
- The payment plan company I use is Go Cardless
- A shout out to Donna Green who’s a family photographer in Edinburgh
- A shout out to Daryl Porter who’s a Nottingham Documentary Family Photographer and a Nottingham Documentary Wedding Photographer